Saturday, April 23, 2011

Random thoughts

Easter has always been my favorite holiday... knowing that Jesus loved me so much that He would make the ultimate sacrifice just blows me away... For some reason, Easter season also reminds me of my Mimi. I suppose it's all of the wonderful memories I have of her... church on Easter morning, egg hunts at her house, an amazing dinner that she prepared... I loved everything about it. I know she'd love this little girl:

Sometimes it's hard to believe that she has never met Addie. I know she watches her, though... :)

This song is on my mind tonight. It also reminds me of Mimi. I always sat beside her at church, and I can just hear her singing this in my ear. It was one of her favorites. She had the best voice.

"The Old Rugged Cross"
  1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
    The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
    And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
    For a world of lost sinners was slain.
    • Refrain:
      So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
      Till my trophies at last I lay down;
      I will cling to the old rugged cross,
      And exchange it some day for a crown.
  2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
    Has a wondrous attraction for me;
    For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
    To bear it to dark Calvary.
  3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
    A wondrous beauty I see,
    For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
    To pardon and sanctify me.
  4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
    Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
    Then He’ll call me some day to my home far away,
    Where His glory forever I’ll share.


Thank you, Lord, for the gift of your Son!

No comments :