Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

This is from one of the first times Eric got to hold our little girl... there we were.  The three of us as a family for the very first time.  We were behind those NICU curtains... Addie hooked up to all of those monitors... trying to maneuver her tiny little body so that her levels wouldn't drop... trying to see through our tears.  It was pretty stressful, but for some reason, none of that mattered at this very moment.  I got to witness one of the most amazing things I had ever seen.  There is absolutely nothing like seeing the man you love hold your child.  The love in his eyes and in his voice made me fall in love with him all over again.

Look how tiny she was!  Wow.

...and to this day, I am amazed each time that Eric holds our baby girl.  He loves her and it shows.  I am so thankful that he is with me on this journey.  He leads our family and works hard to provide for us.  I'm the luckiest woman on Earth, and one day, Addie will see just how lucky she is, too!

In fact, I think she already knows how wonderful you are. :)  We love you so much!

Here are some other Father's Day wishes...

Happy Father's Day to my Daddy!  He is one of the most incredible men I've ever known, and I am so thankful for all he has shown me and taught me.  He leads by example, and I'm a better person because I have watched him love my Mama and his children and work tirelessly to provide for all of us.  Now, I get to enjoy watching him love my daughter, too!  No doubt that she is going to love her Papa! :)

My grandfather, Daddy Bob, is one of my favorite people.  He sets such a Godly example for our family, and I'm so thankful that he is here to know and love Addie!

This is my father-in-law, T-Paw. :)  This face shows how excited he is to have his first grandbaby!  If my memory serves me correctly, some of his first words when he found out we were expecting were, "She can have anything she wants!  Anything!" :)  I know that he is going to love and support Addie and that she'll love her T-Paw!

Here is Addie with her Poppy.  Anyone who knows Warren knows that he's pretty manly and pretty much the opposite of lovey-dovey.  Heh.  Not with Addie.  His voice reaches new heights, and he shows a side of himself that lets us know that he and Addie will become close buddies. :)

 
Here is Uncle Trae.  My brother is one of the greatest dads ever!  He is so wonderful with Abbie, and I am so proud to be his sister.  He loves Addie, too, so we can't wait for Abbie and Addie to have sleepovers with Uncle Trae and Aunt Amber! :)

This is a picture of three generations of Jackson men... one of my favorite pictures. :)
Eric's Papa is very special to Eric, and I know he will be to Addie, too!

 Here is Addie with my dad's father... my Paw-Paw.  He was so excited to meet Addie... he was happier than I've seen him in a long time.  I can't wait to see him with her again soon! :)

Happy Father's Day to you all!

No comments :