Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Steps in the right direction :)

We have had a fantastic couple of days around here!  Addie has made major improvements that we weren't expecting so soon.  Praise the Lord! :)

Yesterday, I called to check on little bit when I woke up, and Nurse Carly informed us that she was now off the Vapotherm!  Holy cow!  Our baby is now breathing on her own!  Mommy was a little anxious at first, but God gave me a peace and reminded me that those doctors and nurses are pretty smart and know what they're doing! :)  Now, we are oh-so-excited!  There is always a chance that she'll need it again at some point, but we are just pumped that she is tolerating life without it for now!  She still has the prongs in her nose to give her a little bit of oxygen, but the prongs are not helping her breathe... Addie is doing that all by herself!  What a big girl! :)  Here are a few of our latest pics...

Here I am with my big girl... I could just hold her all day! :)

Baby girl and me again... seriously, I just love how she feels and smells... can't WAIT to have her home with us!

Addie and Daddy time! :)  I'm telling you, he is the best Daddy!

 
 Shout out to our fave nurse, Carly!  She is so wonderful with Addie!  We are so thankful for her! :)

Our next big event happened that same night!  Eric and I went to see Addie for her 8:00 feeding.  They bathe and weigh her at this time, and we've tried to go for the weigh-in a few times before... each time, her temperature was too cool, so they had to wait until 11:00 to weigh her.  Boo!  Well, it was worth the wait because last night we got to watch and she weighed 3 pounds, 6 3/4 ounces!  WOW! :)  Not only did she get to take her skin temperature probe off (one less wire to carry around), but she also got to put on her first onesie!!  Mommy and Daddy were SO excited!

Now keep in mind that I was not prepared for this... I had a whole outfit planned for the day we got to dress her for the first time, but since it happened, we just went with a sweet one that we had at the hospital already.  I still just love it!
 
With the sepia tone, you can't tell that her bow was purple...
and she still looks oh-so-sweet! :)

Now, if you can believe it, one more big thing happened today!  I tell no lies, people... it has been a fantastic week for the Jackson family!  We are praising God all over the place!  On our way to the hospital today, we called to let her know that we were coming to feed her... Nurse Patty told us that she had been promoted to the next part of the nursery!  Addie is now in the part of the nursery with the "big kids!"  ("Big" is totally relative... ha! I've not seen anyone "bigger" than 6 pounds!)  We miss our friends Johannah and Cooper, but now we'll just pray for them to grow and improve so they can join us in the new area!  Like our respiratory therapist said today, we are now "closer to the door!"  Not that we don't love the people in the NICU, but we will savor any step that brings us closer to her bed in our house! :)

Here are a few more pictures of my bright-eyed baby girl:

Hello, my blog friends! :)

I haven't quite figured out how to work my eye muscles... 
Mommy loves this precious picture! :)

Thank you all for praying for me!  I can't wait to meet you all! :)

P.S. We just talked to the nurse after Addie's weigh-in tonight... she's up to 3 pounds, 8 1/2 ounces!! :)

11 comments :

JB said...

YAY GOD!!! YAY Addie! Grow, grow, grow!

Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

Yay Addie....what an awesome few days. Very happy for all 3 of you:).

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Such awesome news!!! She's precious!

Kelly Grant said...

PRECIOUS!!!!!!! Great news Johnell!!!

Last of the Southern belles said...

(Hey, it's Barbara Blann) Well I'm sitting here crying like a baby. I'm SO happy for you guys. I guess reading this just hit a bit too close to home and made me remember my time in the hospital with Jenn's brother Tristan. Addie is a strong little girl.

Hurricane Living said...

Go Addie!

Brittany Erwin said...

YIIIPPPPIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonna said...

Oh, yeah! Awesome things happen when you depend on God! Thank you, Lord, for holding Addie in the palm of Your hand and for the time when she'll be home with her mommy and daddy in her own room in her own bed! :)

Nonna said...

And, by the way, I love all the pics! They're absolutely beautiful! You and Eric are truly blessed to have precious Addie... and she is equally blessed to have y'all! :)

Kyla said...

I am still smiling! Thank you so mauch for sharing the great news! Th eflowered onesie is too cute by the way! It looks like Cami was right...I was putting things on hangers for the consignment sale and Cami said "Oh I love that dress." and I said, "but it is too small for you" Cami then said, "I think baby Addie needs it!" (We will buy her a new one!)

Sabrina said...

She is really changing... I know you are both so happy! I can't wait till you get to take her home! Love, Sabrina and Katie