Thursday, February 25, 2010

:)

I know in life that there are ups and downs... well, we've had both these past few days.  I'm going to skip the "downs" and get right to the "ups!" :)  Addie has had a fantastic couple of days!  She is breathing room air (meaning no more tubes in her sweet little nose) AND we got to give her a bottle today!  I teared up, Eric teared up, and her sweet nurse teared up... it was such a big milestone for her, and it was a very special moment for all of us!  It's crazy how big the little moments are...

Now, don't get me wrong... while I am a huge fan of the "ups" in life, I am very thankful for the "downs" in life... I know that God uses them to mold us into who He has made us to be.  The downs that I've had lately have shown me just how much I have been given... all of which I do not deserve.  My Mama, Eric, and I had a conversation about this the other day on the way to the hospital and it's been on my heart ever since... while we are tired and exhausted and emotional from the back and forth of going to Baptist and coming home with no baby, we are so thankful to even have a healthy baby to visit.  We know there are tons of people out there who would give anything to simply have a baby to love.  When we are disappointed about Addie's oxygen levels, we realize that her lungs work surprisingly well for such a itty-bitty baby and for that we are thankful.  We realize, too, that we are so blessed to live in a place where we can trust doctors and nurses to take care of her... long story short, we have way more "ups" than "downs."  I hope and pray that anyone who reads this blog and learns of our story is encouraged.  Eric and I know that God chose us to be Addie's parents so that we could use this experience to be a light for Him to others.  He's going to use us and that sweet baby girl to bring people closer to Him.  I just know it.

I can't leave without a few pictures of our precious baby girl... the Darius Rucker song I'm typing with the pics is one that always, always, always makes me cry (even when I wasn't pregnant/hormonal!).  I just love it.  It describes our situation in so many ways... it definitely won't be like this for long.

 
It won't be like this for long...

One day soon this little girl is gonna be...

 
...all grown up and gone.

This phase is gonna fly by...

...if you can just hold on...

 
It won't be like this for long.

See?  I'm crying just typing this!  Seriously, Darius and hormones.  Thanks a lot.

:) I love that little girl.

4 comments :

Sabrina said...

Everytime I hear this song -I'm going to think of Addie!

Janelle said...

She is so adorable! I can't believe how much she has changed in the pictures from 6 weeks ago! I'm so glad she's doing so well!

april graves said...

I'm totally tearing up as I read those words & look at those precious pictures of Addie! It's so true too -- it won't be like this for long & it's so great that you're documenting all of this on a blog. It will be great to look back at it.

Nonna said...

Oh, Johnell...you are such an awesome blessing to every single person that knows you! I have no doubt that God chose you and Eric for His purpose! He has mighty plans for your beautiful Addie! Now everyone reading your blog is truly encouraged and strengthened! I love the pics! They're soooo precious! They make me smile...but Darius does bring tears to my eyes, too!