Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mommy's Likes and Dislikes

So, our appointment yesterday went very well! It was just a check-up, but we did get a quick ultrasound pic that I'll have to scan to put on here sometime... although Baby J. did turn sideways right before Dr. Tom-Tom took the picture so we didn't get a good picture of the head and arms. Camera shy? I sure hope not! :)

I got to thinking last night that I haven't really kept any kind of a Pregnancy Journal, so I've decided to write things on here when I get the time so that I'll have them for later. :)

So far in this pregnancy, these are my likes:
-sleeping
-Blue Bell mint chocolate chip ice cream (in a cone... well, in a cone, in a bowl, off the floor... whatever! :)
-vegetables (but not salad)
-ranch dressing
-soup of any kind
-sleeping
-Nutty Bars :)
-popcorn in a big bag from Kroger
-sleeping
-crackers
-maternity skirts and pants (a true Godsend)
-chocolate malts from Marble Slab :)

Some dislikes:
-not sleeping
-pepperoni
-baked/grilled chicken (crazy!)
-salads (another crazy!)
-the fact that my taste buds sometimes make me not like things that I normally would like

All in all, things are going great! No morning sickness... just exhaustion! I feel a bit queasy sometimes, but crackers and Sprite fix that right away! I know everything will be worth it when this little miracle arrives in about 6 1/2 months!

5 comments :

Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

Johnell...exact same thing for me w/ the grilled/baked chicken. The thought of it made me dry heave through my entire pregnancy...so
wierd!

Glad you are feeling well:)

JB said...

My weird aversion was Starbucks. Knew I was pregnant both times when I wanted to throw up smelling it! It did save me a ton of money though!!!

Do you have names yet???? :)

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson said...

That is crazy for you to not like Starbucks, JB!

We have a few names we like... can't make a final decision just yet. I've loved Ava for years. It's my mom's first name and she and I are both named after our grandmothers. We like Austin for a boy... or Owen... if it's a boy, the middle name will be William. That's Eric's middle name.

Anyway, hopefully we'll make a decision by November when we find out the sex. We've got to make sure to have time for plenty of monogramming and personalizing! :)

Nonna said...

Baby J definitely can't be camera-shy in this family! I think we're seeing a bit of his/her Daddy's sense of humor! Love all three of you! :)

Pamela Johnson said...

so--to butter up the teacher, Abi needs to bring you crackers and Nutty Bars????

ha, glad you are feeling well! can't wait to see what baby J will be!

Pamela