Thursday, January 29, 2009

This one is for Mama and Daddy :)

Ok, I can't believe I forgot to put this in the post about our mini-honeymoon to Gatlinburg! Anyway, it's a little delayed, but this is the story I wanted to include in that post...

My Mama and Daddy were married on July 12, 1975. They honeymooned in Gatlinburg and stayed at a place called the Zoder's Inn. On their 30th Anniversary, our family was in Gatlinburg on vacation, and we drove by and saw where it was and how things had changed since their honeymoon. Well, 34 years later, Eric and I (technically) honeymooned in the same city, so we made sure to drive by the Zoder's Inn and get a picture for my parents:


**Look, Mama and Daddy! Now there are fireplaces AND suites available! Did they have those in 1975? :)**

Eric and I can only hope and pray to have a chance to "honeymoon" again in Gatlinburg 34 years from now! We are thankful to have such wonderful role models in our lives. :)

1 comment :

Nonna said...

Ahhh! Thanks for the pic! Actually, we stayed in one of the Zoder's little cabins! It was a small, cozy little cabin overlooking a little stream...I don't remember a fireplace, but it was perfect nevertheless!! I pray God blesses you with many, many wonderful years! :)