Friday, January 16, 2009

Sweet Christmas Memory


Of all the pictures that were taken at my parents' house this past Christmas, this one is my favorite. :) That is my grandpa, Daddy Bob (who will turn 80 on March 2), and his great-granddaughter, Abbie (who is almost 2 1/2 in this picture), sharing a moment that I'm sure Daddy Bob will remember. I know I will!

Abbie came into the world at the perfect time... God's plans always turn out that way, right? :) My Mimi (my grandma) passed away in May of 2005, I moved to Tennessee that June, my great-grandfather (Gran-Gran) passed away in July, Hurricane Katrina ravaged our hometown in August, Trae and Amber moved to Tennessee in September (or Oct...?)... and then we found out Abbie was on her way into the world that December!! :) Her place in this world made life a lot easier for all of us at a time when we were going through more changes than we could imagine.

...and although we wish Mimi could be here to see and to love Abbie, I really think Daddy Bob makes a point to love her for the both of them! :)

1 comment :

Nonna said...

Amen! I love this picture, too!
And...I have no doubt that DB has that same double-love for you, too!